Sunday, July 26, 2009

Year one

365 days under the belt. It's really quite amazing how fast a year can go when you're not really paying attention. I am overwhelmed when I think of all that has happened in my first year of marriage. First apartment together, name change, my mother stopped speaking to me, layoffs at work, I got sick, family passed away, classes, homework, managing a team of six... Everyday I stop to remind myself how much I have not yet accomplished in my life. I dwell on my failures and my losses. I fixate on them and I'm excellent at it. Rarely do I consider all that has occurred...all I have, in fact accomplished, and endured. I'm not complaining, honestly. What would life be without a few challenges. I'm pretty sure I enjoy them. But sometimes, its important to remember that even the smallest accomplishments like getting up when you are exhausted are still an accomplishment. And being happily married for one year is today's accomplishment. Love you dear.

No comments:

Post a Comment